This page is under construction. Plant descriptions are not complete. Check back for updated information.
The purpose of the monitor list is to gather more information on suspect weeds, as well as monitor for occurrence or spread. Information collected may be used to justify future inclusion on the state noxious weed list. There is no legal or regulatory aspect to this list (WAC 16-750-025). Download a printable copy of the monitor list.
Reasons for inclusion:
1. Reason to believe this species is invasive or poses a potential threat to Washington.
2. Additional information is needed on distribution, abundance or biology.
3. The species was once present in Washington and on the State Noxious Weed List. It is now being monitored for reoccurrence.
4. Need to verify existence (site investigation), verify identification and/or obtain voucher specimen.
5. It exists in an adjacent state or province or occurs on an adjacent state or province's noxious weed list and is not known to occur in Washington.
Native species of Washington will not be included on the monitor list. Each weed on the monitor list will be included by vote of the noxious weed committee and will require a sponsor for monitoring.
For more information on these species, please contact the sponsor or the State Noxious Weed Board at email@example.com or 360-725-5764.
Click 'details' for more detailed information and photos on each plant.