The purpose of the monitor list is to gather more information on suspect weeds, as well as monitor for occurrence or spread.
Reasons for Noxious Weed inclusion on the Monitor List:
- Reason to believe this species is invasive or poses a potential threat to Washington.
- Additional information is needed on distribution, abundance or biology.
- The species was once present in Washington and on the State Noxious Weed List. It is now being monitored for reoccurrence.
- Need to verify existence (site investigation), verify identification and/or obtain voucher specimen.
- It exists in an adjacent state or province or occurs on an adjacent state or province's noxious weed list and is not known to occur in Washington.
Download a printable copy of the monitor list here.
Identify a noxious weed
For more information on these species, please contact the sponsor or the State Noxious Weed Control Board.